Custom Home Consultation FAQs
Below are a few frequently asked questions (FAQs) that customers may sometimes wonder about the initial consultation visit and what is involved in the initial visit to your home or project location.
Why should I invest in a consultation with Moose Builders?
The consultation provides you and us an opportunity to meet one another and start a relationship that is pertinent to your experience during the project. Trusting your builder is important and we want our customers to have confidence in the people who are helping “build their dreams.”
Since we are providing our customers with a service that most companies do not provide, we do charge a nominal fee, which most customers agree is well worth the investment. We offer a menu of options for customers to choose from:
**Please note that any money spent with Moose builders on any of the following services will be credited toward the customers final invoice if they choose to move forward with Moose Builders as their Custom home contractor. (**Excluding the cost of the Home plans)
- Moose Builders will visit your new home site and walk the land with you. We will help you evaluate the possible locations for the home to be built, septic and well locations, and easements. We will help you answer general questions you may have regarding the specifics and complexities of your land and how all that will coordinate to build your home.
Land w/ grading cost
- In addition to the services offered during the land visit, Moose Builders can evaluate the proposed home-site and surrounding locations to provide estimates surrounding land grading/clearing costs.
Perc Test Consultation
- In addition to the land visit services, Moose Builders can help you physically stake/mark locations for the home and perc test site according to county/city building and zoning codes. This would include one perc test site.
- Moose builders will arrange for your holes to be dug per the appropriate specifications per city/county code(s).
- Moose Builders will also complete the required paperwork and submit to the county in order to meet compliance. We will meet the county enviornmentalist on the property when they come to examine the property and answer any questions they have regarding the project.
Price Custom Home(*up to 2500 sqft)
- Moose Builders can work with house plans provided by the customer OR partner a customer with our in-network home design services to help them develop a set of custom house plans (**additional fee will apply for custom house plans). Using the house plans, site specifics, and other relevant factors, Moose Builders can provide you with an estimate/quote for your chosen plans. This involves substantial work and communication between Moose Builders and the customer. The estimate will be detailed and include allowances for items the customer will select (tile, appliances, countertops, fixtures, etc). This will also serve as the contract/proposal for authorization of work once the customer makes a decision to move forward with the home. It has all the information needed by a lending institution for a construction loan (if applicable).
- **(An average custom home plan is $1900.00 (2501-3000 sqft home)- payable to the our in-network home designer. This includes custom changes to make the plans your own)(***Home plan prices vary depending on sqft of home)